August 30, 2022
School Bus Suspension - St. Croix Educational Complex Bus #10
ST. CROIX, USVI -- Due to unsafe behavior exhibited by students on Mon., Aug. 29 while being transported on school bus #10, which services St. Croix Educational Complex High School route F’sted V. Market—La Grange Shanty—Concordia Entrance, morning and afternoon bus service on the route is suspended, effective Tues., Aug. 30.
School and district officials are working closely with Abramson Enterprises, Inc., to identify the student or students responsible for throwing a water bottle at the bus driver while the bus was in transit.
The Department of Education reminds students to observe all school-bus-safety rules while riding the bus. Parents are asked to reinforce these important guidelines with students at home.
School Bus Safety Rules
• Students are expected to be at the bus stop closest to their residence at least five (5) minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive
• Students should not be standing or playing in the roadway or while riding on the bus
• Students should ensure traffic has stopped before stepping into the roadway to load and unload their bus
• Students must always follow the instructions from the School Bus Driver
• Student should not be moving while the bus is in route
• Students should not throw objects in or outside of the bus
• Students can and will be suspended for not adhering to Bus Rules.