POSITION: FEDERDAL GRANTS DATA MANAGER
This is professional work involving the management and analysis of data under the IDEA Part B federal grant. Supervision for this position is received from the State Director of Special Education. The person selected will also be responsible for compiling data reports for submission to the U.S. Department of Education, including Child Count and other annual reports that are time sensitive. Work in this position also requires being the liaison between state staff and the districts in relation to the student data management system and coordinating with the data system personnel any revisions, modifications and adaptations needed to meet the state and districts needs. Work in this class requires a high degree of collaboration and communication with individuals at several offices across the Territory, particularly the division of Planning, Research and Evaluation. A fair amount of independent work is expected. Person selected must be very well organized, able to prioritize, meet deadlines and maintain meticulous records which are subject to regular audits.
DUTIES AND RESPOSNIBILITES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Obtain data for state staff and for others as needed;
- Work with persons in Planning, Research and Evaluation (PR&E) to prepare data for electronic submission via EDFacts;
- Analyze data by completing year to year comparisons, documenting significant changes and submitting information in a timely manner;
- Assist other state staff with data analysis and compiling data into usable formats;
- Assist with preparation of state Annual Performance Report;
- Provide technical assistance to various constituency groups;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWELEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Familiarity with Federal Data Organizations;
- Knowledge of student data management system;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (proficiency in Excel and Access);
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels and all persons contacted during the course of work;
- Excellent skills with working with numbers and analyzing data;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Federal Grants Data Manager Page 2
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Special Education, Business or a related field and three (3) years of progressively more responsible work where the primary aspects of employment related to data analysis; or
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business or a related field and five (5) years of progressively more responsible work where the primary aspects of employment where related to data analysis.
No person shall be discriminated against in employment or in any other educational program or activity offered by the Virgin Islands Department of Education on account of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, handicap, or age.”
Complainant may write to: Director Director
Division of Human Resources Division of Human Resources
2133 Hospital Street 1834 Kongens Gade
Christiansted, VI 00820 St. Thomas, Virgin Islands 00802