THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Generalist
LOCATION: St. Croix
Deadline for applying: Until Filled
Starting Salary: $36,886 - $41,516
Union: Non-Union Classified
Professional work involving a broad spectrum of responsibilities including highly confidential and sensitive matters and services associated with human resources management within the agency. This work is to consistently provide sensitive, confidential, technical and administrative support for the department and the Human Resources Division while demonstrating a high level of accuracy and urgency. The position provides territorial support and receives direction from the Director, Assistant Director of Human Resources, or Designee. Work is reviewed through meeting, conferences and reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Provides guidance, advice and interpretation on human resources issues related to collective bargaining agreements, performance management, classification, job descriptions, employee relations to include sensitive and complex issues, benefits, various types of leave, and recruitment to managers and staff;
- Coordinate recruitment efforts to include preparation of job announcements, employment advertising and other recruitment materials; attends job fairs and other events to publicize agency job opportunities;
- Coordinates activities necessary for recruiting, evaluating, and hiring employees within the department including conducting interviews and the selection of the most qualified applicants;
- Provide web-based updates and maintenance for the division’s website, face book and various recruitment and social media sites.
- Prepares all appointment documentation, job letters, background checks, drug tests, psychological tests, physical fitness reports and reference checks;
- Maintains personnel, seniority, vacancy listing and prepares personnel requisitions;
- Provides information concerning human resources policies, procedures, wage rates and terms of labor contracts to staff, other agencies, and the public;
- Manages employee Leave of Absences to include Workers Compensation and route notices to various units;
- Assists with the education and enforcement of agency policies and procedures;
- Facilitates and attends 1st step grievances and provide assistance in preventing and resolving labor relation matters;
- Plans, coordinates and facilitates training programs for the agency including new hire orientation, introduction and site tours;
- Prepares various reports related to the HR functions and coordinates with unit for budget and union negotiation preparation, analysis and administration;
- Coordinates and participates in employee related activities, (i.e. meetings, recognition programs, employee appreciation events, and general events to improve and maintain good employee relations;
- Perform related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the methods, techniques, practices, and principles of human resources management;
- Knowledge of regulations and policies pertaining to assigned human resource functions to include collective bargaining agreements and the grievance process;
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to analyze facts and make recommendations for proper action;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to conduct complex research and compile data;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers, officials, external consultants and agency representative, and the public;
- Ability to work independently and make sound judgment frequently while performing various tasks and assignments;
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast passed deadline driven environment;
- Ability to research, plan, organize, and develop departmental programs;
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time;
- Capable of working within established deadlines and handling multiple competing priorities;
- Possess excellent problem solving skills;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Organizational Psychology, Business or Public Administration or a closely related field; or
- Associate’s degree or sixty plus (60+) college credits in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Organizational Psychology, Business or Public Administration or a related field and two (2) years professional-level experience in a related field.
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses are not authorized by this position. Any travel, transportation and relocation expense associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected candidate