THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Officer III
LOCATION: St. Thomas/St. John District
Interested persons should contact: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Deadline for applying: November 30, 2016
Starting Salary: $ 31,131 GRADE: EC-22 STEP: 0
Union: Support Staff Unit – (AFT)
This is administrative work in assisting with the daily duties of an agency. Work is at the entry
level and of limited complexity; duties are usually specialized in nature, relating to a limited
number of management areas. Work is performed in accordance with established policies, but
the use of good judgment is required in the application and interpretation of rules and regulations.
Direct supervision is received from a higher-level officer in the form of review of work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE):
- Provides staff support in the areas of fiscal management, personnel management, and other administrative functions;
- Prepares budget estimates of funds where necessary, suggesting needs for additional equipment and supplies or personnel including preparation of appropriate justification of need;
- Makes apportionment of budgetary funds where necessary suggesting when certain expenditures should be made; initials for the certifying officer expenditure documents to be processed and keeps that officer informed on unexpended funds to prevent overspending;
- Maintains files and records, supplies, and materials as required by the administrator;
- Informs department or division personnel of policy changes and ensures proper implementation;
- Conducts investigations and studies of limited scope and complexity;
- Functions as representative of the department, explaining agency’s programs and procedures;
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Knowledge of the general theory and principles of budgeting, general procurement and supply, personnel administration and public administration;
- Ability to interpret and understand procedural and general administrative legislation, rules and policies and apply them to a wide variety of problems;
- Ability to prepare reports on proposed or completed management endeavors;
- Ability to develop harmonious relationships with employees, agency heads and the general public;
Education and Experience
- Completion of the twelfth school grade, including or supplemented by commercial subjects and six years related experience;
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with major work in Business Administration or related field;
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at http://jobs.vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
****DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, THE DEPARTMENT WILL NOTIFY ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SELECTED FOR THE NEXT STEP IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. ****
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected candidate.